BACKSLASH is a non-governmental organization established in 2014 in Valencia, Spain, which aims at empowering youth and the promotion of social inclusion by assisting people in acquiring knowledge and developing their skills and competencies.
The mission of BACKSLASH is to foster and support the sustainable development of local communities and individuals’ empowerment through education and training, human rights, democratic values, and international cooperation. For this, the organization is divided into the following departments and its key topics:
- Entrepreneurship, on youth entrepreneurship, career orientation, mentoring and active youth participation.
- Social Rights, on social inclusion, gender equality, European citizenship, youth and children’s rights and migrant and refugees.
- Culture, on contemporary culture, cultural democratization, cultural heritage, artistic expression and promotion of young artists
- Environment, on environment protection, sustainability, climate, circular economy and environmental education.
- Communication, on the use of IT tools in the field of non-formal education, digitalization.
Through its departments, BACKSLASH participated in projects under the following EU Programme:
- Erasmus+, in 20+ KA2 projects and 150+ KA1 projects related mainly to entrepreneurship, social inclusion, environmental issues and culture, among others.
- REC (Rights, Equality and Citizenship), with a project on combating gender-based violence at schools.
- Europe for Citizens, working on a Network of European cities and active civic society projects.
- Creative Europe, creating a new business model for the contemporary culture sector, to make it more accessible to youth and young creators
- Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs, being accredited as Host Entrepreneurs (HE) and hosting New Entrepreneurs (NE) from other countries, to mentor them in opening their businesses.
- European Solidarity Corps, together with the former EVS, sending 20+ volunteers per year to collaborate with institutions all over Europe.
BACKSLASH actively participates in the local youth council and contributes to the improvement of the youth policies of the city and region, working closely with both administrations and representatives.
BACKSLASH is a member of CONNECT International, a Brussels-based network of organizations formed with a mission to create innovative European projects ensuring mainstreaming of digital rights and the digital agenda.
Also, BACKSLASH is a member of the following European networks:
- PRISMA European Network – http://www.prisma-network.eu/
- European Network of Innovation for Inclusion http://www.europeannetforinclusion.org
- Anna Lindh Foundation – https://www.annalindhfoundation.org/
BACKSLASH actively participates in the local youth council and contributes to the improvement of the youth policies of the city and region, working closely with both administrations and representatives. The organization has its offices in the building of the youth department of the Municipality, where also advises youth about the possibilities that Europe brings them in terms of work, education, training, and volunteering, promoting a wider idea of European citizenship and cross-border mobility.
-(2019) Training methodology for youth entrepreneurship: ISBN 978- 619-7534-00-5
-(2019) Evaluation methodology to identify youth at risk of exclusion: ISBN 978- 619-7534-08-5
-(2019) Metodología de formación en emprendimiento juvenil: ISBN 978- 619-7534-00-9
-(2019) Metodología de evaluación para identificar jóvenes en riesgo de exclusión: ISBN 978- 619-7534-09-2
-(2020) Career orientation for youth – VOCCESS Methodology
-(2020) Innovative methodology for Career Orientation and Career Education – ASIN: B087NR93T3
-(2021) BITE of Art, Contemporary Art Business Model
-(2021) Entrepreneurship training and evaluation Methodology
-(2021) Education for Gender Equality – Handbook for teachers and educators